Note: One MLR has been released since EMGC 11g release.
It is recommended to apply the given patches in order for ADP(OCAMM) to work properly.
p9901141_111010_Generic for the OMS
p9930117_111010_Generic for the EMAgent
I'm assuming that user is configuring ADP (OCAMM) for first time in EMGC. If customer has already configured OCAMM previously then there would be additional steps to undeploy old ADP manager and agents before applying the patch and some steps would be bit different.
Though the steps for configuring ADP setup are given in http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11857_01/install.111/e17558/enable.htm
Before starting one must be prepared with info that would be needed for configuring OCAMM in EM11g. Pre-requisite is:
a. Have a database setup and its details ready. Create a database user adp that would be needed for setting up ADP.
b. Have following details of target application servers handy:
· admin server host
· admin server port
· admin user name
· admin password
· admin connect protocol (for example, t3 or t3s)
Setting up OCAMM would involve:
1. Installing ADP manager
a. Goto OMS home i.e. %cd $ORACLE_HOME/ocamm
b. Take the ocamm.zip to machine where you want to deploy ADP manager. Then unzip %unzip ocamm.zip
c. Run Disk1/InstData/<platform>/VM/install.bin
d. Do not create links. (For detailed instructions follow link given above.) Install ADP manager in <ADP_HOME> location.
2. Registering the ADP Manager with EMUI
a. Start the configuration console by running <ADP_HOME>/bin/config.sh. Ignore console UI. Goto EM OMS UI.
b. Targets->Middleware->Application Dependency and Performance(link at bottom of page) Page.
c. On left Panel, click on Registration tab and then Manager. Register installed ADP Manager on default port 51099.
d. Test connection and add it.
3. Configuring Database for ADP repository
a. Click on Configuration tab, select the Database Configuration node. Edit the default database configuration MyOracle for ADP repository.
b. Provide database access credentials of user adp created earlier.
c. Test Connection to verify database connection and then click OK
4. Shut down the configuration console by running <ADP_HOME>/bin/acshut.sh ( Wait about 30 seconds after acshut.sh exits for the shutdown to complete )
5. Deploy <ADP_HOME>/deploy/HttpDeployer.ear on Target Application Server (Admin Server)
For target WebLogic server, deploy <ADP_HOME>/deploy/HttpDeployer.ear to target application server’s Admin Server.
6. Start the ADP Manager by running <ADP_HOME>/bin/acsera.sh (for example, nohup ./acsera.sh &")
7. Configuring Target resources that would be monitored using ADP agent
a. Click on Configuration tab, enter Target application server(AdminServer) access information e.g. for Oracle WebLogic Server, the fields listed are the following:
· Protocol: enter t3 or t3s
· Host: DNS name or IP address of the WebLogic Admin server for the monitored domain. (Note: If a <listen-address> is specified for the admin server, the name listed here must match that parameter.
· Port: Port which the WebLogic Admin server is listening for t3 connections.
· Http Host: DNS name or IP address of WebLogic server where the HttpDeployer.ear is deployed (usually the admin server).
· Http Port: Port where the Weblogic server on which HttpDeployer.ear is deployed and is listening for connections
· Http Protocol: Either http or https depending on the configuration of the WebLogic server where the HttpDeployer.ear is deployed
· Admin Server User ID: User name to access the WebLogic admin server
· New Password: Password for the username used to WebLogic admin server
· Retype New Password: Repeated password for the username used to access the WebLogic admin server
Note: Rest of the fields are not valid for 11g, hence leave them as they are
b. Click OK to return to the previous screen
c. Click Test Connection. Wait for the <ADP_HOME>/lib/bea/<version>_runtime directory to be created and populated with jar files. This could take a few minutes. ( If nothing happens, check log/manager-log#.csv for exceptions.)8. Deploy ADP agent on Target Weblogic Servers
a. Click Back to return to the previous screen and then click Deploy
b. On the next screen, select Deploy from the Command menu and then select the servers/cluster where you want to deploy the ADP Agent. Ensure that the admin server is always selected.
Note: In the case of WebLogic Portal, AdminServer is always selected. Please unselect / select Nodemanager in case of weblogic based on how do configure the Weblogic manager to start.
c. Click Continue
d. Wait for deployment to complete. Verify that the UI reports Deployment Successful;( if not, check for exceptions in <ADP_HOME>log/manager-log#.csv)
e. To view the status on the same page, click Refresh. Note that you might have to click Refresh a few times as it might take a while to deploy and update the status. Depending on the number of managed servers in your domain, it could take several minutes (up to 60 seconds per managed server) for this operation to complete. Stay on this page and monitor the manager log until some status is returned.
f. Click Back to return to the previous screen and then click Save
9. Shut down the ADP Manager by running <ADP_HOME>/bin/acshut.sh
Wait about 30 seconds after acshut.sh exits for the shutdown to complete
10. Restart the application servers where ADP agent has been deployed.
11. Start the ADP Manager by running <ADP_HOME>/bin/acsera.sh (for example, nohup ./acsera.sh &")
12. Wait for a while for discovery to occur. You can check that discovery is happening by looking to see if <ADP_HOME>/darchive/server_archive is created and growing, and then that <ADP_HOME>/darchive/app_archive is created and growing. If you think something is going wrong, you can check log/manager-log#.csv for exceptions, but this process can take several minutes.
13. To view ADP pages from the Grid Control Home page, click Targets-> Middleware-> Application Dependency and Performance-> Monitoring tab.
14. Verify that all servers to which you deployed the ADP Agent are up and running. Click the manager node in the Monitoring tab. The Agent information is available in the Main Display window.