Oracle's JVM Diagnostics improves the availability, performance and provides in-depth diagnostics for Java applications with low overhead. This comes with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 11g. Following are the highlights of this feature:
- Agent is easy to deploy and no application server restart is required
- Immediate visibility into JVM and its stack. No application instrumentation required is to provide in-depth method level visibility into all active transactions happening in JVM.
- Identifies the slowest requests, slowest methods, Database states, SQLs and the bottleneck resources such as CPU, I/O, memory, slow running or hanging threads and Database.
- Detects memory leaks and allows administrators to perform memory leak analysis in production environment without stopping the application. Administrators can take multiple heap snapshots over a period of time and compare them to find the Java objects leaking memory.
- It allows tracing Java requests to the associated database sessions. It highlights the slowest SQL queries and help administrators to tune SQL and the database to improve the performance application. It facilitates smooth communication between the database administrators and application administrators by isolating the problems to the database or Java code.